The Logan County Friends of the Library was officially established as a group in 1968 with Mary Lou McEndre as the first president. The group is recognized as a non-profit group through securing 501-C3 certification with the IRS. Over the years the group has provided book review programs, as well as authors and other speakers to enhance library programming. Equipment and furnishings, such as a microfilm reader and the benches in front of the library have been purchased by the group. Support for the Summer Reading Program and other children’s programs have all been funded through the annual dues and fundraisers of the group.
The purpose of the Friends of the Logan County Library is
- To work in cooperation with both the librarian and the library trustees in support of the library
- To act as a liaison between the community and the library, thereby promoting a more positive image of the library
- To stimulate use of all library resources
- To encourage gifts, endowments, bequests, and memorials to the library
Book Basket Raffle
Major fundraisers for the group are the Annual Book Sale in January and the Mother’s Day flower sale.
Membership is $10.00 for a full calendar year, from January 1 to December 31.
- Raise community awareness
- Help with the book and flower sales
- Get first shot at book sale items
- Sponsor special programs & activities
- Volunteer for library events
Mother’s Day Flower Sale
We hope you will join or renew your membership. Just make your check to
Friends of the Logan County Library
And mail it along with the membership form to
208 Daleview Circle
Russellville, KY 42276